THINGS TO DISCUSS
There are many decisions to be made, based on the types of services you select. Your director will walk you through each one, and explain in detail all your options. Below is a brief list of some of the decisions you will need to make:
- Do you want a public viewing or service?
- Will your loved one be buried or cremated?
- Will you have a repast/luncheon following the services?
- Do you prefer that people send flowers or make donations?
- Do you want a Military Honor Guard? (for Veterans)
- Is there anything special you would like to display during the viewing/service?
- Would you like to make a picture board or a DVD?
- Should someone from the family or a friend offer a eulogy?
- Who will be the pallbearers?
Sometimes the answers to these questions open up new avenues to consider. For instance, if you choose cremation, you will then need to discuss:
- Would you like a private family viewing if no public viewing is held?
- Should you go to the crematory for the cremation?
- Will you bury, scatter, or keep the ashes?
- Do you need an urn?
Although your director will walk you through your choices, sometimes discussing things with other family members prior to the funeral arrangements will help give you some direction. It also gives others a chance to let you know what questions or concerns they have.
16 RIGHTER AVENUE, DENVILLE, NJ 07834
DAVID G. MILNE, MANAGER NJ LIC. NO. 4301
SERVING THE DENVILLE, ROCKAWAY, PARSIPPANY, Mt. Lakes, Boonton,
Morris Plains & SURROUNDING AREAS OF NEW JERSEY SINCE 1957